DIY Upcycled Vase Tutorial
Takeover with DIY queen Geneva Vanderzeil
Chances are, you’ve got a few not so cute vases lying around your house, maybe they’re even sitting by the front door on their way out to the thrift store. Well, this tutorial is all about taking those items and transforming them into gorgeous decor pieces that you’ll love. This tutorial is all about giving the look and feel of ceramic, and is amazing because it works in any colour paint you can find!
Keep scrolling to find out how…
WHAT YOU NEED
– A cup of water-based wall paint in any colour
– 1 tablespoon of baking powder
– A plastic container
– A stick to mix with
– A bristle or foam brush
1. Put your paint into the container
2. Add the baking powder
3. Mix it in immediately, and notice that it starts to fluff up and turn into a mousse consistency. If it doesn’t fluff up much, and you would like a thicker texture, I suggest adding a little extra baking powder.
4. Use a brush to apply it to your vase or anything else you would like to paint. A foam brush will give a smoother feel, and a bristle one will give more texture.
5. Let the paint dry for an hour or so until it is touch dry, then do another coat. Note that the paint you made will dry quite quickly so make sure to use it before it dries.
Share your creations with us